Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Photobucket
I finally planted my Amaryllis, Paperwhites, and Tulip bulbs- all around the yard.
A good 50 plus bulbs makes for a long days work and sore fingers.
Spring will sure to bring a spectacular sight.

While going about my work,
I thought about when I was newly married and being great with child,
I spent my days baking and planting fragrant rose bushes.
That's about all I did, really.
Chocolate brownies and rose hip are an endorphic combination.
It got me through some terrible morning sickness.

I fill the measure of my creation while working in the yard,
dressing my gardens as our chickens peck the grass behind me.
It grounds me and fulfills me in a way that nothing else has or ever will.
The spirit whispers truths to my soul in those quiet moments.
I am reassured that what I am doing is what women were created to do.

And that's all I need, really.