Friday, October 21, 2011

Wish I were there


This past weekend we hiked the Natural Bridge
-in Payson, Arizona.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

The path leading to the bottom of the bridge was steep and long.
The views and sounds of waterfalls flowing over the rocks
were peaceful and serene.
I secretly wished that just Mr. Patterson and I were there.
Alone.
We would go for long sweaty hikes then bathe in the trickling streams
as the cool water showers down on us.
I could be Pocahontas and he would be John Smith.
See how that works.

Photobucket

The children thrive on hiking and exploring the world around them.
It is something that is very important to me.
I love being outside and enjoying the beautiful world we have been given.
Women- Are the Mother of all Living.
I feel it in my bones.

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
{Kingston throwing rocks}

You can't see him but hiding under the bridge is a real life Troll.
He wore short green pants and a badge that read "Ranger."

Short, green pants, rotten teeth, mean, under bridge = Troll.

He had his eye on Kingston and at one point yelled in his face,
"Boy, no throwing rocks!"
I wanted to grab that tight handkerchief around his neck.
"I know he looks like he is five but he is three.
He sees rocks and water and feels the need to throw them,
I don't blame him. We are not in the Library Mr.
His not too distant relatives owned this place and his Grandmother was baptized here.
If you don't like it,
Why don't you get back on your goat and ride up the hill."

I let Edwin take care of him instead.

PhotobucketPhotobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket
***
Want to see what I am in love with and wearing right now-