Thursday, December 1, 2011

Preparation

Photobucket
Most days I spend the majority of my time preparing for 5 p.m.
Clean, organize, wash and prepare food, balance my Chakra's- every needful thing.
Today I did not.
I have been very busy working on the children's Nativity costumes.
Today's goal was 100 angel halo's and shepherds.

5 p.m. had come and gone.
Backpacks were unloaded, clothes are flying, homework is thrown on the
mashed potatoes in the garbage, the pile of dinner dishes are nearly reaching the ceiling
and I still had 60 halo's left.
I knew I needed a higher power.
I needed my mother.

I hopped on my beach cruiser and threw my supplies in the basket.
I was feeling guilty for leaving my darling husband in such an awful situation-
but it was more of a fleeing thought that quickly passed.
I was free. I was free and cruising my cherry red bike to my parents.

My mother and father opened the door with a big warm smile.
The house was calm, quiet and smelt like french toast.
I wanted to curl up on the couch and go to sleep.
My father was watching his favorite show, Survivor.
In my free, adolescent like state of mind I declared, "I want to be on Survivor!"
To which my little sister shot back,"You would be the hot one that didn't do anything."
I love you Kate, especially because you do sooooo much!

P.S. Thank you sweet heart for tucking our babies into bed and not burning the house down.
You da bomb!